Sunday 2 February 2014

Cuddle Time - Update

                                           
                                                                                                    


Cuddle Time - Update!

Now I wrote some time ago (26.01.14) asking the question - do I cuddle my kids enough? and after some consideration I realised that I didn’t spend enough time actually cuddling my kids. So I concluded that I was going to make an effort and take time to cuddle my kids more. How is it going?

It is amazing how things can change just by being aware of something and that is so true in this case. I can honestly say it has been no ‘effort’ to increase the time I spend cuddling my kids. It has just happened and we are all the better for it. Now don’t get me wrong I have not mastered it yet but the amount of time and the amount of cuddles has increased and it just happens naturally without having to make an effort. My kids have had a great reaction to mammy cuddling them more and have totally taken to all the extra cuddles.

For me what has worked is having a bottom line and that is I have to have one meaningful cuddle time with each of my three kids. If I achieve this I am happy and anything extra to this is a bonus. This is an achievable and realistic goal for me and it prevents me adding undue  and extra pressure on myself every day (I have been know to do this before!!). The type of cuddle time varies with each child. With my oldest I usually sit down with her and watch some TV and chat about the cartoon or we sit in the playroom and chat about her day at school, what’s going on or what she wants to do for the rest of the day etc. For the middle one it usually involves a chat, a bit of messing about and a few tickles (he is very ticklish and loves being tickled). The youngest likes to cuddle up to watch TV or read her books. It is actually proving to be a good way for her to have some down time as she is 2yrs old and is full of energy!         

Now I know this all sounds great and I may seem like the perfect mammy but I can assure you I am not! This is what I try to do every day but I have to clarify that there are days when we are out all day or we have people over for most of the day and on these days I don’t always get the individual cuddle times in. On these days I just sit down with my kids before they go to bed and we all cuddle up and watch some TV. You got to do what you can when you can!  

On reflection I think that sometimes as busy mammys we just forget or miss the obvious and that is OK once you do something to change things when you realise whats happened. I had forgotten how important it was to have meaningful cuddle time with my kids, I was having hugs just not enough cuddles!! So if you like me find you can relate to this I can only recommend having at least one proper cuddle with each of your kids or one big family cuddle time each day- we are all a lot closer and it feels great!!

Let me know how it is for you and if you have any recommendations about cuddle time.......      

No comments:

Post a Comment