Monday 10 February 2014

Mammy Time!!



I like nothing better than a good book and a giant pot of tea!! Ahh heaven….. Reading is my escapism and relaxing time, the only problem is I don’t get enough time to enjoy this passion of mine!! Kids eh…


Recently I have been reading a lot more however and have introduced a new rule in our home - do not disturb mammy when she is having her lunch, it is mammy’s time! I have taken back this half an hour for myself and read while I am eating my lunch. I do not get up to the kids or engage with them (unless I really really have to!!) during ‘Mammy Time’. My kids have taken to it well-ish and play or watch TV while I read and have my lunch. My youngest (2yrs+) struggles at times but she is getting there!!


I read all types of books once it is written well and is not too descriptive. I read 2-3 house magazines (another passion of mine) every month as well as 1-2 books. I am not a huge fan of the daily paper. I find it very depressing at times as the paper usually has more bad news than good! I get my daily news in one brief summary from the radio with less drama and negativity.


I am always on the hunt for a good book, nothing too heavy but something with a good story that is not all about love (not mad about over the top love stories - no Mills and Boon for me!). I like a story with a bit of depth and realism, a story I can get something from. I have decided as part of this blog to include any books I read and I will rate them out of 5 (0 - not worth reading put it down, 5-grab it quick its the best ever!).


Are there any books you’d recommend? Please let me know and I’ll include them on my list….Thank you!

** The books I include on this blog will be the books I've read for my own personal interests. The aim of the section is to be a reference for anyone looking for a good book to read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment