Saturday 8 February 2014

Things I am glad happened this week!


Despite all the going and all the ups and downs this week, there has been a lot of things that have happened that I am happy and glad about. Here are a few...


1. I can see the floors again!
The main thing this week for me was that I started the big ‘tidy up and throw away’ clean out in my home. There are now a few rooms that you can actually see the floor or at least most of it, once again! Down stairs is looking good in parts however upstairs is a bombsite and will be my focus for next week, I cant wait - not!!


2. I finally got all the Christmas decorations put away in the attic!
Yes on the 6th of February, over a month since Christmas officially finished I put away our decorations! They have been hanging around, some in boxes some not and some still up on the shelves and walls. They were all over the house and they were driving me mad. I have no idea why this year it took me so long to get them packed up and put away but I was so happy to close that attic door with them on the other side of it…


3. My kids are academically brilliant!
My kids are brilliant in every way but this week I had my two oldest kids Parent Teacher Meeting's (Senior and Junior Infants) and they both did excellent! I am a worry-worm sort of Mammy and I do over worry about all aspects of my kids lives. However in relation to school, I am reassured that they are both doing really well and for this I am so glad and so happy! Now they have a few bits like practicing their writing and sounds that they need to work on more but overall they are good kids, they try their best and academically and socially they are both doing great…... I am so proud!   


4. I finally made that Ikea trip!
I like many Mammys out there I’m sure, have been talking about and planning a trip to Ikea for ages now and I finally dragged my husband and kids there last Sunday. It was a quick trip because we had to be home for the Rugby match but I got all my bits and more (as usual). Our Playroom has been crying out for more storage for ages now and the toys have been piling up along walls and in tubs, it had been looking a messy sight for far too long. So off I headed with my list of storage items that I absolutely had to get and a few things that were more decorative than necessary. Now that it is all put together and in place I can report that the playroom looks great (I hope to put up some photos soon- watch this space!). I have places to put all those extra toys and the risk of stepping on and falling over toys is hugely reduced!!  
 
5. My fun night out!
I was so glad I went out last night to a Table Quiz with friends (Post 07.02.14). I was mainly going because I felt I had to as it was a fundraiser but I was so glad I went! I had a great night out, I laughed and giggled the whole night. We came third last which we were delighted with as we had not come last! I learned I know more than I think and that there is a lot I don’t know but hey I knew enough to have fun and answer a few questions!


What happened to you this week that you are glad or happy about? Let me know, there are always a few...

     

No comments:

Post a Comment