Wednesday 5 February 2014

Sometimes you just got count to ten and breath - slowly!!


I am in the middle of a serious tug of war with our playroom and right now the playroom is winning hands down!! I was in the middle of this battle yesterday evening when my darling children tipped me over the edge and right down the other side and then rolled me over to fall some more!! - I love my kids..!!??


I shall explain...As I battled away with our playroom (Day 3 by the way) my kids were going between the kitchen and family room (just beside the playroom) as they were banned with a capital B from the playroom! My youngest came to the playroom and said so innocently ‘Mammy look my leg’ as I turned around I seen with horror she was completely covered in black marker!! not only was it all over her legs but her feet, arms, hands and face.


I was so annoyed and just wanted to scream as a) she was covered in marker and would need a shower and b) cleaning her meant less time in the playroom and I just wanted to get it done!! So I took a deep breath counted to ten and took her aside and in a firm but calm(ish) tone, I explained that markers were not allowed on her body - anywhere!!


After she got a quick clean I headed back to the playroom. Then about 5 minutes later my son stated from the kitchen that he didn’t feel well. I looked up at him and you know that look kids get just before they are about to vomit and you just know its going to go everywhere? Well my son gets that look and within seconds he vomited all over the floor!!


Now normally vomit does not phase me but because I was sorting the playroom lots of toys and bits were in the kitchen and yes you guessed it, he vomited all over these as well… As I looked on and seen what was happened I told him to go to the toilet and get sick, NOW!! but as he did so he continued to vomit all over himself and the walls and hallway and then all over the toilet floor until finally getting to the toilet and vomited in there. Words can not describe how I was feeling right then, part of me just wanted to run out the door but my son was sick so I had to go into Mammy caring mode and see how he was. So for the second time in less than 10 minutes I took a deep breath and counted to ten and went to take care of my son.


Once he was settled and sorted and given the sick bowl, I then cleaned, scrubbed and disinfected the floors, toys and walls. Then I headed back to the playroom and attacked it with rapid speed to try to make up for the time I had lost.


About 5 minutes later my oldest daughter called me to come quick, which I did and found that my son had gotten sick again, he had missed the sick bowl but had got the mat and couch instead!! just as this happened my youngest decided to grab a yogurt from my other daughter and in doing so spilled it all over her and the curtains….. so for the third time I took a very deep breath and counted to 100!!!


I just love my kids….!!??



  

1 comment: