Friday 21 February 2014

My son has another woman!!




I am feeling a bit odd at the moment slightly put out about what I discovered this afternoon - my son (my one and only!) has another woman or women in this case!! and if I am honest I am not totally happy with this, I should be the only woman in his life!


Let me explain I was sitting chatting to a friend who had called with her kids this afternoon when my son came over and handed me what he had got in school and forgotten to give me. As I looked at what he had brought home, I realised it was two Valentine’s cards from girls in his class.


‘Oh you got two Valentine’s cards!’ I said.


‘No mammy they are two letters!’ he said (or leh-hers as he pronounces it!!)


He refused to accept that he had received two Valentine’s cards and I let it be. Lets be honest boys of 5 years old just don’t have an interest in these kind of things - thankfully, as his mammy is not too impressed to discover MY little baby boy is growing up!!


I think what is bothering me to be honest is not that he got two Valentine’s cards (because really its so innocent - he is only 5 years old!) but it’s more that it was the first time I realised that I will not always be the main woman in his life! Now I know it is not going to happen today or tomorrow but I have to get my head around the reality that it will happen some day!

If I am finding it difficult at this age, what will I be like when it actually happens!? I can understand the reference now that you hear people say “no one is good enough for her son!” - I fear I may be one of those mothers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment